Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Who's The Boss?

I slogged through another day at work today. And when I say slogged what I really mean is that I dragged my tired ass from one end of the campus and up and down elevators all day trying to get something accomplished after having been out mixing a theatre production till midnight and getting called in to salt the parking lot at 4 am. Nice.

After my blissful departure and some quality family time, by which I mean I was home for about an hour before I left for the show again, I was happily engrossed in the minutiae of show biz and the phone rang.

It was my boss. The Big Boss. He wanted to know if I'd like to put my computer experience to work handling our work request system and also take care of the documentation of life safety issues, compliance and policy. It kind of sounded like he was fishing for a foreman. A job that I already interviewed for and turned down to be a mechanic because hey... I just want to go to work. I don't want to be in charge.

It seems like everybody wants me to be in charge though. I opted not to take over the family business when Dad retired because I just like to work, I don't want to run the company. But I still wound up running the company after I became self employed which is almost as much paperwork. My next boss had me slated for a foreman position after a mere six months on the job, which lead me to quit hastily. Now I've broken that record by being asked to start getting ready for a position I already turned down just four short months ago.

Yikes. I can't even wrap my head around it at this hour. Maybe it'll make more sense in the morning. Hopefully it'll make more cents after I meet with the boss next week. Yikes.



Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

  1. Being promoted to foreman after six months on the last job is not why you quit.

    And people want you to be in charge because you're smart. And not an Ahole. And gosh darnit, people like you.

    So. There.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Boss man rock on with your bad self, would that mean no more mixing shows?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...