Saturday, February 28, 2009

25 Albums That Rocked My World

This is supposed to be a pick some records, name some friends, and pass it along kind of thing. I'm not feeling that ambitious. Here's twenty-five albums that rocked my world at one point or another, in roughly chronological order.

1. Beach Boys - California Girls (I grew up on my parents' music)
2. Huey Lewis & The News - FORE! (First record I was allowed to buy)
3. Van Halen - 1984 (Those epic synth notes opened a door for me that year)
4. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (The start of my true rock career)
5. Metallica - Kill 'Em All (Metal makes its entrance)
6. AC/DC - Back In Black (What high school experience would be complete without it?)
7. Overkill - Hello From The Gutter (My intro to NY Speed Metal)
8. Megadeth - Peace Sells (Whoa! There's METAL out there!)
9. Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute (Randy Rhodes was at the top of his game on the Blizzard of Oz tour, it's just inspiring)
10. White Zombie (I met my long lost brother)
11. Primus - Pork Soda (The beginning of a beautiful friendship)
12. Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual (I still tear up at the bridge of "Three Days")
13. Motorhead - All The Aces (Did I mention that Lemmy is my biological father)
14. Cypress Hill - Black Sunday (My introduction to hip hop, unless you count 15. Anthrax and Public Enemy)
16. Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss (Still my favorite album when I'm REALLY pissed)
17. Pantera - Far Beyond Driven (My other long lost brother, Dimebag (snif) RIP)
18. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (The soundtrack to the Purchase class of 98)
19. KISS - Greatest Hits (The cream of the crop)
20. Sepultura - Chaos AD (Sometimes I still need a little pissed off Brazilian metal in my life)
21. Judgement Night - Soundtrack (A dozen metal/hip hop mashups from the 90s)
22. Infectious Grooves - Sarsippius' Ark (I've never met anyone who knows about the plague that makes your booty move that I didn't get along with)
23.Queen - Greatest Hits (Blue) - (I just can't get along without it)
24. Queensryche - Empire (One of the first all digital albums, so clean, so tasty)
25. Megadeth - Cryptic Writings (The soundtrack to two years of my college career, they were actually getting radio play in NYC at the time)




Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...