Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy (hic) New Year

I'm doing things a little big backwards this year. For more than a decade I've been out on New Year's Eve doing sound. This year I didn't have a gig so things were a little bit lame. We put the kids to bed and I fell asleep on the couch. The Missus did wake me up around midnight, but just to go to bed. Here's where things get different.

Around 2:45 the phone rang and I had to go in to plow snow. A few hours later I was happily watching the sun come up over a pristine parking lot. (It's hard to be grumpy when you get to drive a front end loader.) In all my years I've never seen the sun rise on January first, pretty cool.

So now I'm home. Everybody is full of home made waffles. The Missus is making French bread for tonight's dinner. I'm schnockered on Maker's Mark and listening to Anthrax while finishing up the dishes. The parade is set to start in five minutes and all is right with the world.

Happy (hic) New Year.

P.S. Big love to Irish Gumbo who just signed up as my latest follower. I think I've met a kindred spirit. Have a pint of the Black Stuff for me today I.G. The New Year is lookin great!



Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

  1. Watching the sun rise on Jan 1? I might have to try that sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Enjoy a mark for me, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...