Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Make Your iPhone Play Nice With Your Blog

OK, I'm not trying to rub it in that I got an iPod Touch for Christmas... I'm shamelessly attempting to drive traffic to my blog by tapping buzzwords. So there. But seriously, Most of the reason I wanted this thing was so I could read and write blogs from anywhere. (I'm writing this post on it right now.). The only problem is that Blogger Dashboard and Google Reader are kind of ungainly on this thing.

Google to the rescue! I set up a third tab on iGoogle and loaded in a couple Google Gadgets. Google Reader and Blogger. The former gives me the skinny on the blogs I follow in a nice, iPod sized window because The Googles are like Santa and they know when I'm on my iPod. The latter gives me a nice clean interface to jot down a quick post. The formatting tools aren't available but if you really need to you can use a little HTML.

Of course Google has a gadget for their own blogging service but there is also one for Wordpress. I didn't test it but hey... Whaddaya want? Anyway, if you've been frustrated with having a broadband mobile device and not having an easy way to play blogs... there you go.

1 comment:

  1. Made it here from your other site, I am easily distracted by shiny things...

    I'll have to look into this. I realize now that I spend so much time on the Internet (blogging, research, (ahem) JOB hunting) that I really need to make it more mobile. Been resisting the iPhone because a) don't want gadget overload and b) an Apple salesperson said to me "The iPhone is just an iPod with a phone on it". Not sure that was an endorsement! Anyway, food for thought...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...