Monday, November 17, 2008

Wish They Weren't Called Memes

Meme is one of those words that I just hate. There's not any good reason for this word to suffer my wrath, but it does. I hate it with a passion that burns within me like the fires of the sun. I hate it the same way I hated the word "Houston" in the fourth grade. And the way I hated the word "Abercrombie" when I was five (somewhat prescient if I do say so myself).

Anyway, The Missus got tapped for an interesting meme. I didn't get tapped so I'm starting it off myself. Grab the nearest book, turn to page 56, and write the fifth sentence. Then write the two that follow it. Tag five friends to do it too and you're done.

Here's mine. It's from a book called After Thought that I read (for fun) when I was in college. It's about science, physics, God, faith, computers and society. I liked it so much that I gave it to my very well educated Grandfather (his nickname was Prof) and now that he's gone on, it rests in a special spot in my shop.

They were swept away, leaving physics and theology to defend the status quo. (Thus, the scientists chartered by Pope Gregory to reform the calendar based their work on Copernican tables because they were the most accurate. All the while, they insisted that the heliocentric formulation itself was false and blasphemous.)


Those bastards! Now that I've tagged myself, on to the tag-ees. Please add one more step and post a comment that you finished so everyone can click over to your blog and see what a well rounded reader you are.

Green Panda

Super Jew

Uncle Benna

Sarahliz

Cousin Jill


Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're making me do this.....


    Head over to my blog for the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BLOG MOVED! http://www.bentownsend.com/blog/
    hosting my own. Check it out, there is content on the website, and NO writing on my blog. Its a great thing. This MeMe thing is the next post.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...