Saturday, November 29, 2008

Take It Easy

While I was out mixing a gig tonight I got a text message from The Missus. She said she was tired and going to bed. She said some other things too that lead me to believe that she is feeling less than good about herself.

The thing is, she takes care of three wiley, often obnoxious children full time and also keeps our house relatively clean and also still volunteers to do tons of things. All this while half way through cookin' up a new youngun.

I can understand how the repetitiveness of the daily tasks she's faced with can wear down someone of her intelligence. I also understand why she has stuff planned so much of the time when I'm not at work. While I'm dying just to be at home, she's dying just to get out of it.

I just wish she could reach way down deep inside herself and harness some of her nearly endless drive and use it to force herself to chill out. I have a hard time doing that myself, but there comes a time when I just have to waste an evening or a Saturday afternoon not accomplishing anything. You have to take that time and count it as productive because you're using it to replenish your store of energy. If we need to have mental health time listed as an official activity on the family calendar then I think we should go ahead and do that.

Take a rest Babe. I'll talk you through the feelings of guilt. I'll try and get more rest myself so I can pick up more of the slack and spend more energy diverting the kids. But you have to get to a place where you can just kill some time on the couch and not beat yourself up over it. Love you, Babe... let's take a nap.

Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...