Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blessed Sleep

Today... I slept. Man, did I sleep. I got back from the gig at 3 AM instead of 5 AM and was just ascending the stairs to the comfort of the Royal Bed when... the phone rang. It was work. Snow removal. So I went back in and plowed till six and then finally, collapsed.

Two and a half hours later, H-Bomb woke me up. I spent a groggy couple hours feeding the short people various forms of breakfast and regulating their TV viewing experience. Just after noon, H-Bomb had a breakdown and I asked him if he just wanted to sit in his crib for a bit with his favorite stuffed guy and a bink. He did, and that is where he stayed for the rest of the afternoon. Poor little fella was spent.

I remember sitting down on the couch, but then nothing until I heard The Missus bellowing encouraging the kids to help get the place cleaned up. I haven't napped with such forcefulness since college. We used to have spontaneous, violent napping sessions back then. NAP! And everyone else would smile wistfully and keep an eye on you to make sure nobody disturbed your blessed slumber.

Now... the house is sort of clean and so are the short people. The Missus is tucking the last one into bed right at this moment. I will be ordering some Chinese food and stopping by the liquor store. That's right true believers... it's Grownup Time! (!) Somebody TESTIFY! People in the back shout AMEN! Can I get a HALLELUJAH! Or maybe just some General Tso's and a nice Riesling?

Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

  1. Oooh... Chinese food.. nom nom nom!

    Sleep is mega-important, so I'm glad you got a little nap in. I'm a little sleep deprived, but that's my own fault for staying out until 3am post-play last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, your J.O.B. at the hospital sounds like a pain in the a.s.s.

    Is it what you were expecting?

    Chinese food. would that be from "Fu King" in Attica! I know its actually Food King, its a family joke cuz catch-on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, we totally got Chinese for dinner last night. My tummy was soooo happy to be filled with General Tso's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that first paragraph did come off as a little whiny. I wrote it as more of a, "mmmmyeah, so that happened" kind of thing. And yeah, the Chinese was definately from Fu Kung. (Anyteeng else? Ok, fiteen meenit)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...