Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NaBloPoMo: Intro

Sounds kinky but it stands for National Blog Posting Month. It's a site that encourages bloggers to post every day for a month without fail. There's a new theme every month that you can stick to or not. It's a prey good way to pimp your blog and there's lots of networky stuff on their site to, well, network with other bloggers. I figure it shouldn't be much of a stretch for me since The Missus is posting every day already and my occupation while she does this is to post on one of my blogs. Sign up, it's free. www.NaBloPoMo.com

If you're really masochistic you can sign up for the even more intimidating challenge over at NaNoWriMo. That's where you sign up to write a 50,000 word novel in the space of a month. It doesn't have to be good or even coherent, just have the minimum word requirement filled. ChurchPunkMom is doing BOTH this month. I plan to be watching the drama closely. Will she triumph? Get a book deal? Be too rich and famous to blog anymore? Will it end in tears with a trip to Target for a new keyboard? The stage is set... I was thinking about taking a stab at it myself, but if I'm going to commit to plunking out 5.645161 pages of text a day, I want it to be at least halfway readable at the end. Unlike NaBloPoMo it's only once a year, so I've got a while to figure out how to get that done.

So, tune in this weekend to see my first post on... whatever it is they assign me at 12:01 that morning. And then come back to see what else I have to say about it for the thirty days following that! I liked the description on their site that says something to the effect of freeing your thinking by agreeing to constraints. See you in the details!

Subscribe in a reader Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

  1. sounds challenging ,but I have committed myself to be off the computer more and handling the WWF that breaks out every time I get ont the computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. my 5.645161 pages per day are perfectly coherent.. even before i type them up!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean...