Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tax Time Haiku

For those of you who have not experienced the joy of boiling life's great questions, memorable events and great pontifications down to seventeen syllables, you need to look up the word Haiku. This year for Tax Time I have composed a pair, one for the woes of previous years, and one for the joys of this one.

Tax time aches my head
Uncle Sam is laughing hard
I could use some scotch

Child tax credits rule
Deductions with my wife's eyes
Refund on its way

Generally they are a little more ethereal than that to give your mind some working room to search for a deeper meaning. But this time I felt like being blunt. Maybe after the check shows up I'll re-write it to contrast the use of whiskey depending upon which direction the money flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...